Gallery Assistant Volunteers are a vital part of the team working to ensure the continuing success of MK Gallery, ensuring we deliver the best quality of visitor experience to all. Gallery Assistant Volunteers work pro-actively to ensure the safety and security of the art works at all times. They provide an exceptional experience and standard of engagement to every visitor, encouraging active engagement in the MK Gallery programme. As a Gallery Assistant Volunteer, you will be warm and friendly, highly engaged in the arts and the work of MK Gallery and keen to share your knowledge and interest with our visitors. You will play an important part in shaping the visitor experience we provide whilst keeping the safety of the artworks and our visitors a top priority.
- Provide a warm welcome to all visitors
- Invigilate the galleries to ensure the safety and security of visitors and the works on display
- In the event of an emergency support the Fire Wardens with evacuation of the building
- If of interest it is also possible to work with the Exhibitions team to deliver exhibition tours, spotlight stories and introductory talks
- You will required to attend a training session (for approximately 1 hour), complete a credit check (due to high value of art work) and complete our internal application form to comply with our volunteer policies, terms and conditions.
Why get involved?
- Become a valued member of a team of volunteers and professionals who are passionate about delivering a world-class arts programme in the heart of Milton Keynes.
- Develop new skills or build upon existing customer service and communication skills.
- Gain experience volunteering in a gallery environment and learn about how we run our exhibitions and events.
- Be invited to private exhibition tours with artists and curators prior to opening new exhibitions.
- Enjoy a 30% discount off of food and beverages at the MK Gallery Café Bar.
- All volunteers will earn a point for every hour they volunteer to redeem against tickets for the cinema or for events.
How to get involved?
1. Sign into your account or sign up to Volunteer Makers.
2. Accept the challenge
3. Download the following forms:
MK Gallery Volunteer Sign-up form
MK Gallery Volunteer Agreement
MK Gallery Volunteer Policies
Please complete and send in or bring in when attending your training session
4. You can check here for current training times and sign-up
- Event Stewarding
- Community Work
- Creative and Arts
- Events and Programming
- Visitor Service/ Front of House
- Curatorial/Working with Museum Collection