Are you a people person who enjoys the buzz of a live event? If so why not join our friendly team of event ushers who play an integral role at MK Gallery by welcoming and orienting visitors at our live events. Most events take place in The Sky Room auditorium which offers stunning views over Campbell Park and beyond while bringing the best contemporary film, music, performance, thought provoking lectures and a range of comedy nights to the city centre.
- Welcome guests to the events space, check tickets, guide visitors to their seats and provide directions to our facilities
- Maintain up to date knowledge of our events programme in order to answer visitor enquiries
- Help set up, pack away and tidy up after events and activities
- At quieter moments make a difference to a visitor’s experience by asking them what they thought of the show or by recommending upcoming events.
- Manage difficult situations such as complaints and late arrivals, liaising with the Duty Manager when necessary.
- In the event of an emergency support the Fire Wardens with evacuation of the building
- Ensure that health and safety is maintained at all times
Why get involved?
- Become a valued member of a team of volunteers and professionals who are passionate about delivering a world-class arts programme in the heart of Milton Keynes.
- Develop new skills or build upon existing customer service and communication skills.
- Gain experience volunteering in a gallery environment and learn about how we run our exhibitions and events.
- Be invited to private exhibition tours with artists and curators prior to opening new exhibitions.
- Enjoy a 30% discount off of food and beverages at the MK Gallery Café Bar.
- All volunteers will earn a point for every hour they volunteer to redeem against tickets for the cinema or for events.
How to get involved?
2. Accept the challenge.
3. Download the forms below, complete and bring with you when you attend your training session with us:
- Event Management
- Event Stewarding
- Architecture and Building management
- Community Work
- Event & Project Management
- Events and Programming
- Visitor Service/ Front of House
- Curatorial/Working with Museum Collection